Saturday, February 9, 2013

Arab Culture Night


At the Jerusalem Center we had an Arab Culture Night. It was so much fun.  We had two Imam's come (people who say the Call to Prayer). It was so cool.  One of them said he started working at the Call to Prayer since he was seven years old. They said the Call to Prayer, recited parts off the Quran for us, which took one of them about five years to memorize, and demonstrated how they pray.  After this we had a huge feast.  I say feast because there was SO much food. It was all authentic and wonderful.  I definitely ate too much.  The night was completed by having people come and teach us some traditional Arab dancing. I LOVED it!



The buffet table.  The Jerusalem Center has such good cooks. 
My plate of food!  I got a stuffed zucchini,carrot, and chicken breast. I got shawarma, and lamb.  And we cannot forget about the pita and hummus. Yummmmm.







1 comment:

  1. Nice group gathering enjoyments. and this enjoyment can not be completed with out the Dinner and if you will plan for Dhow cruise Dubai dinner then you will enjoy your gathering four time more.

    ReplyDelete