Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tel Aviv


So the Jeru Crew got a group together to go to Tel Aviv.  There were about 78 students who went and it was quite the party.  I have serious doubts whether Tel Aviv is really in Israel or not. The entire time I was in Tel Aviv I felt like I was in California somewhere.   I had to keep reminding myself that I was actually in Israel.  When our vans arrived we got out to a beautiful view of the Mediterranean Sea.  Everybody flocked down to the sand to put their feet in the water.  It just reiterated to me how much I LOVE beaches. I can now officially say I have been in the Mediterranean Sea now.








One thing we were excited about was this fabulous flea market we had heard about.  However the first one we went to seemed more like a garage sale then a flea market. This is a picture of some of the merchandise they had. Yes, that really is a Barbie head.  Fortunately for us we found some other markets that had things other than Barbie head necklaces.  We continued to wander around Old Jaffa when we stumbled upon an old church.  That is something I love about Israel.  There are old churches EVERYWHERE!









 Although we were going to Tel Aviv, I didn’t bring my swimsuit top because I didn’t think I would want to swim. I luckily brought my swim bottoms just in case I wanted to put my legs in.  But how can you just sit and look at the sea without getting in?  So I was super impulsive and I swam in my tank top and swim bottoms. I am so glad I did.  It was so much fun!


Does everyone remember that book, If You Give a Pig a Pancake? Well essentially the book talks about if you give a pig a pancake, he is going to need other things to go with it. Like syrup for example.  Well that is how I felt with riding bikes in Tel Aviv.  If you go to a Beach with a boardwalk, you are going to need to go on a bike ride.  So that is just what I did.

 They had self check out machines for the bikes.  This was an adventure in itself.  My friends and I could not figure out how to check them out. After going to two different bike stops, giving 15 minutes of sheer determination, we figured it out and were off!! It was so great. I felt so much bliss just crusin around the city with my girls.



 Purim is a Jewish holiday.  They read the story of Ester and people dress up.  So essentially it is kind of like Halloween for Americans. People in Tel Aviv were celebrating this holiday while we were there.  IT was fun seeing lots of people dressed up in fun outfits.

 To top off the night we found a stellar restaurant.  We were looking around for a good place to eat when we stumbled upon this place. I can’t even tell you what it was called because the name was in Hebrew…I think.
  They brought us out dozens of little dishes of toppings we could put on yummy pita bread.  That served as the appetizer because after we had chicken shish kabobs.  It was all so good. After dinner we decided we would end the night with a bang by getting gelato. I would definitely say the day in Tel Aviv was a success. 




Fun pictures that I like:




2 comments:

  1. Bikes, beaches, boardwalks, flee markets, cultural foods, what a FUN day! You look absolutely stunning. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Man! Those bikes look SO fun!! I am so glad you got to do that in such a pretty environment. It just reminds me of the time we tandem-ned in San Fran. I have never laughed so hard. I am so glad you are doing well-you look so happy!

    ReplyDelete