Sunday, January 27, 2013

Dome of the Rock

The Dome of the Rock is incredible. I have been looking forward to going since I have been here, and I finally got to go!!! We only got to stay for a little bit because they have specific hours they are open. It is located on the Temple Mount which is a sacred place to many people and religions.  You had to go through security to get in... x-ray machines and all. 
Your first glance at the Dome of the Rock takes your breath away.  It is beautiful. The Dome of the Rock is built over a sacred stone that Muslims believe is where Muhammad ascended into heaven on his night journey. 


I took this as they were kicking everyone out(they were closing for a few hours). I am so glad I took it though.  It is one of my favorites. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this picture Hannah!! I love some of the ones you have Olive Trees in too!! What cute roomies you have. I am so jealous......I want to be there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah! You are so cute! (Seriously the picture of you sitting down with your converse poking out, is so you, and so cute!) I miss you, and I am SUPER jealous of all the amazing experiences you are having!

    ReplyDelete