Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Sabbath

One of the most wonderful things about being in Jerusalem is all of the history and sacred sights they have nearby.  After church I had the opportunity to go to the Garden of Gethsemane, and the Garden Tomb. 

Garden of Gethsemane 

The Garden is beautiful. I was surprised to see how small the area was though.  There were two younger garden areas, and one older one.  They are all fenced off so you can't really wander through them which is kind of a bummer. However the olive trees are so cool. This one was in the older garden. They can live for thousands of years! 

These are my cute roommates here in Jerusalem.  I believe this is our first roommate picture together.  It goes me, Jenessa, KC, and Jane.



 Garden Tomb

"He Is Not Here For He Is Risen."

 The Garden is so interesting because there are so many different religious groups worshiping there.  This last time I went there was a group who were singing, snapping their fingers,  and shouting 'hallelujah.' I love how there are so many people who love the Lord!  



No comments:

Post a Comment